Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Finding God in Everything This Lent...

Today is Ash Wednesday, and I'm told that means its the beginning of Lent.

I have to admit I've never felt the need to do anything for Lent.  I know, that probably makes me a bad Christian in some books, but this year I've had a yearning to do something in the 40 days leading up to Easter.  Something...but I really didn't want to fall into the trap of the thing that just doesn't sit quite right to me about Lent...earning His favour.

So I've prayed about it.

I've read about it.

I've looked for books on it.

I've struggled with it.

I've talked to God about it.

I've tried to toss it aside.

I've tried to embrace giving up something.

I've tried to come up with SOMETHING.  To no avail.



And then yesterday, I found it..well it kind of came to me.  That thing He wants me to journey through with Him this Easter.  This Lent.  He wants me to find Him.  In the small things.  He wants me to hear Him...all day long in everyday life.  Because essentially, that's what He came here for, relationship with me.  24/7 relationship.  To be able to see him, and hear Him all the time....share with Him...listen to what He has to say...Love on Him...and be Loved on.  God in Everything.

God in Me.

Because I am my Beloved's and He is mine...and I want to see and hear everything He has for me every day.  I want to drink in every drop of every moment of this life He has given me...that He gave me on the Cross, and I don't know any other way to do it, but through this kind of relationship with Him.

40 days of seeking Him in everything, even the teeniest tiny thing.  The good and the bad.  Everything.

I'm so looking forward to what my post will be on Day 40...I'm so looking forward to what He is going to do.  To looking back and going...OH MY!

So, what if anything are you doing for Lent?  And if you aren't doing anything, but looking to do something, please...please feel free to join me!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful idea, I really liked the video think it fit really well, I look forward to seeing more of what you find. Tara.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments...it always makes me smile! So - thanks for commenting! Comments are...in blogosphere, the place where friendships start!